Wednesday, July 2, 2008

There's that smile again...

One thing that everyone has said about Mom is that she was always smiling. It's true. I can't find any pictures of her without a smile. This one was taken in Honolulu in December, 2005. We were there to run the Honolulu Marathon. Of course, Mom was there to cheer us on...she always was. No matter what, she was our champion. Even if she couldn't tell a touchdown from a three-pointer in sports, or an A flat from a B sharp in piano...she cheered us on. I know she's still rooting for us from the heavens.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

2005 darling. I liked how when mom would try to get mad and she'd end up laughing because it just wasn't in her nature. It was almost physically impossible.

Anonymous said...

A merry heart doeth good like medicine...how true of Cheri. Last summer Jim and I were in your dad's vehicle, headed across the border for dinner at this great restaurant. Barney was telling us this "road rage" story, how angry he got at this young man, pulled over and let him know. If Jim had done that with me in the car, I'd still be hollering at him about it, I'm sure. Your mom just laughed and laughed as he told the story, just as I'm sure she did at the time. Not the first time that her laughter and good nature had diffused a tough situation we'd all been in, that's for sure.

Thanks for all the stories and pictures, they are as good for us as I know they are for you. I'm still determined to find time in the nuttiness for a conversation...