Wednesday, July 2, 2008

I'm Free

Read this & thought it could hardly be more appropriate or true, your mom was a candle that was never hidden under any bushel! She shined bright & by her light, many came to know. Hope this brings you comfort!

I'm Free
I’m Free Don’t grieve for me, for now I’m free, I followed the path God laid you see.
I took His hand when I heard him call, I turned my back & left it all.
I could not stay another day to laugh, to love, to work, to play.
Tasks left undone must stay that way I found peace at the close of day.
If my parting has left a void; Then fill it with remembered joy.
A friendship shared, a laugh, a kiss oh yes, these things I too will miss.
Be not burdened with times of sorrow I wish you the sunshine of tomorrow.
My life’s been full, I savored much; Good friends, good times, a loved one’s touch.
Perhaps my time seemed all too brief; Don’t lengthen it now with undue grief.
Lift up your hearts and peace to thee; God wanted me know, He has set me free!

2 comments:

Leslie Roberts Norman said...

a wonderful thing to have written for us to read and understand.

Tammie's Thoughts said...

I came upon your blog while surfing the net...My mom died n Feb. 29 of this year. She had picked this exact poem and requested that it be read at her funeral. Your mom and my mom sound like they would have been friends. You have written a wonderful tribute to her! May you soon be able to think of her and remember the happy times with tears of joy rather than tears of sorrow!