Sunday, August 10, 2008

My thoughtful sister

I was fortunate to find a few birthday cards from Cheri while cleaning my desk. She would always add a few thoughtful, kind words such as........
"Oct. 2, 1958
You were born
We have loved you ever since. Cheri xoxoxoxo"

Happy Birthday "You are such a beautiful, lovely sister. I have enjoyed you so much as a friend. Love your sis, Cheri"

"You are loved! Hugs and Kisses xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
From your favorite sister and brother-in-law Cheri & Barney"

"Love and prayers, Cheri
My baby sister who is aging gracefully"

Cheri always remembered to send cards...........I hope I find more as I go through my stuff.
She called me on a regular basis to check in on me. Usually she was driving home from the school or was sitting in the jacuzzi relaxing. I know she called me more often than I called her and I do miss those calls. Our last phone call consisted of her looking on the internet for a place in the Hill Country to celebrate my upcoming birthday. She seemed more excited than I. Our conversation ended with me telling her that I needed to go to bed and get some sleep. After our goodbyes, I found out she promptly called Jeni and continued the internet search. She seemed to have endless energy. I miss her dearly and think of her daily. Kathy

4 comments:

utsarver said...

Indeed. She had boundless energy and a zest for life...a true example for us all!

Barney Sarver said...

Kathy...you were always Cheri's favorite baby sister!

utsarver said...

Suzi, don't worry...he's kidding.

Barney Sarver said...

There is only ONE "baby" sister in the family and that is usually the last one, which is Kathy Beverly...!