Tuesday, August 12, 2008

5,270,400 Seconds

Two months. Sixty one days. 1,464 hours. 87,840 minutes. 5,270,400 seconds. That's how long it's been since Mom departed this earth and went home to be with her heavenly father. I will never forget the phone call on June 12, that changed my life forever. "Your mother was in a car accident and died. Your mother is dead." The words replay in my head often, haunting me, shocking me, surprising me...hitting me in the gut like an iron fist. The pain does get duller every day, but her memory is as vivid as ever. Her laughter, her smile and her kind words all combined to make make the world a better, more loving place. To make my life brighter and full of joy and purpose. I am at peace with the loss. I believe that God has a plan. I trust that it will be revealed in His time. But I miss my beautiful Mom.


No comments: