Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Cheri Sarver Believed God!


Many people have shared so eloquently about Mom...it's comforting to read through them and see how much she inspired others. Below is a note Tom Fleming wrote in a card to Grandma Joyce...

"I wanted to share what I wrote in my journal on Tuesday, June 17, 2008: Cheri’s funeral was today. I was more “teary” and have cried more in the last 5 1/2 days than I ever have in my life. I felt such a mixture of emotions: sadness for the loss, joy over a life given to God, insecurity about the future, inspired by a life that touched so many, thankful to have had the opportunity to know her, and watch her in action, blessed to have learned from her and about her. I loved her management style—very hands-on, and people followed her. She was a woman of conviction, who knew how to laugh, who somehow captured what it is to really love. I’m sure she had all the struggles every human being has, but I really think she believed in God. The woman really believed God. She didn’t just believe in God, Cheri Sarver believed God! It’s not an “I’m believing God for this or that,” but an “I believe God who tells me so many wonderful things in His word.” If one really believes God, how could they not be as joyful as Cheri Sarver?"

With Much Christian Love,
Tom Fleming

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jim and I really, really wish that we could be with your family tomorrow. If the impact of a life is measured by the hole left when that earthly life ends, Cheri had an enormous impact in our lives. We loved Cheri so much, and equally love each of you.

Sandi Faulk