Thursday, June 26, 2008

Cheri Sarver: A legacy of family, faith and service.


On June 12, 2008, my mother, Cheri Sarver, was tragically taken from us. She made an enormous impact in her life, and we have faith that she will make an even greater impact through her death. This blog is a way to keep her memory and her legacy of family, faith and service alive. She was an extraordinary human being and is no doubt rejoicing with her beloved Savior in heaven. She leaves a gaping hole on this earth. I hope to slowly shovel bits and pieces into that hole by sharing memories, photos and stories of her life. No one will ever replace her and the hole will never be fully filled, but one day I hope that the grief, sadness and sorrow will fade, and that joy, hope and peace will be more familiar emotions.

1 comment:

TheEditor said...

I don't know you personally, but I remember when I was with Jenny Ingram and a group from the BT Lifehouse in Beijing, China, and we heard the news of your loss. We stopped and prayed for your family that morning in our team prayer time.
I think I only met your mom a few times, but I was impressed with her inner and outer beauty and the grace that she radiated.
God bless you and keep you as you continue to preserve and cherish her memory, and in those times when grief returns to your heart and mind.
In Him,
Rebecca W.